1. Ride the world’s largest roller coaster.
2. Bungee jump!
3. Score the winning goal/basket (RUN!).
4. Win an award, trophy or prize.
5. Learn to play an instrument.
6. Go backstage at a gig.
7. Meet your idol.
8. Play a part in your favorite TV show.
9. Meet someone with your own name.
10. Make a discovery.
11. Get away with the perfect practical joke.
12. Own a pointless collection.
13. Invent a word that makes it into the dictionary.
14. Conquer your biggest fear.
15. Raise money for charity.
16. Pass your driving test the first time.
17. Complete a road trip from coast to coast.
18. Reach 18 years of age – yes!
As we skipped around through the list, we speculated on our interest or ability to complete each of the suggested tasks. Time seemed to stop when Drake encountered item number 7.
“Number seven. Meet your idol.
Me, being the curious, but not so clever parent, asked, “Why not?”
Drake responded with a full hand slap-to-the-forehead and obvious answer, “Dad, He’s in heaven.”
It took me a minute to get it. Time restarted. I began to wonder why that answer was not so obvious to me, also, but thanked God that it was so very clear to my seven year old son.